Saturday, December 10, 2005

"Buddy the Elf, what's your favorite color?"

That is how Buddy answers the phone, and it is one of my favorite lines in the movie Elf with Will Ferrell. Craig, Jordan and I just finished watching it. It now fits in the catagory of "classic" christmas movies that I can watch every year--along with Christmas Vacation with Chevy Chase. I don't usually respond to slapstick-ish comedy, but those two actors crack me up. Isn't laughing grand? I need more of it in my life--the kind where you laugh until your eyes flood and the dog gets nervous. Speaking of which, we get to go see Billy Crystal's one man show next week!!! My neighbors went this week and said it is like 3 hours of belly laughs--yippee! Those same sweet neighbors, who live directly next door to me, drove all the way into San Francisco today to come to my sale (see below), and be supportive! They have taught me so much about how to love my neighbor, just by watching them love theirs.

Today I participated in a Holiday Trunk* Show in SF. Of course I was nervous since that is always the case when I'm putting myself "out there." But it was fine, my mental goal was to sell 2 medium-priced bags, and my goal was exceeded...so another couple months of web hosting/credit card processing fees go in to the bank. Good thing I'm not actually having to support myself with this biz cause I would so be homeless and skinny.
*why these things are called "trunk" shows, I don't know...when they started were people taking their wares out of a trunk?...or perhaps they were started by elephants.

Speaking of supportive, my RFL came to the trunk show with me to help me unload/load, and so I wouldn't have to go alone. He's an awesome guy. I hope to never have to do with out him.

Holy Mackeral, Batman, only 2 weeks until Christmas!!

No comments: