Friday, June 16, 2006

"Our Father Which Art...."

Lately I feel like I don't know how to pray. What could i possibly have to say? Please do this? Please do that? Protect him? Heal her? I no longer know how God works. I don't think I ever did know, but I sure thought I knew more than now. Dobson and MacArthur and Ezzo said what was what, and I believed it. Now I feel as if I'm trying to cough up that hook, line and sinker I swallowed, without also coughing up my lungs.

All I can muster these days is prayers along the lines of Anne Lamott:
"helphelphelp" and "thank you thank you thank you"

or Madelaine L'Engle:
"Dear God,
I hate you.
love, me"


God help me...
...and bless you.

1 comment:

Mrs Zeke said...

I think we all at times if honest feel exactly as you did in this post or do now. Everyone has there own path to walk...you, Dobson, me, MacArthur, Zeke, Ezzo and so on. So just walk yours and do the best you can to hang on.

Your loved believe it or not.