Tuesday, April 24, 2007




Last night was our final evening in Praha. We got a bit lost on our way back to the hotel and came upon this wonky building pictured above. I don't know what it is, don't really care, just think it is fun. Quite a contrast to the rest of the architecture of the city. Have I mentioned that Praha is rather expensive? Not as much as London, but still. We ordered two americano's at the airport this morning, and they were FIVE DOLLARS each. Not even 12 ounces worth, either. Last night I wandered through a department store in Wenceslaus Square, and was astounded at the prices. The merchandise was comparable to, say Mervyn's or Kohl's, but the prices were more like Macy's or Nordstrom, or even higher. Weird.

We arrived in Moscow this afternoon and I immediately proceeded to take a nap. Followed by dinner in one of the hotel restaurants* then back to the room to cuddle up to my computer. This is what happens when I pass the two week mark while traveling: I hibernate in the hotel and am determined to find nothing else interesting nor amuzing ever again. Until tomorrow. Should be a rockin' party in Red Square what with Boris being dead and all. I am SO there.

*ok, so the restaurant: apparently the waitstaff here has apprenticed with the good and kind and ever-attentive waitstaff in India, as they are expert hover-ers, watching every move a diner makes. Quite frankly, this pisses me off as much in Moscow as it did in Bangalore. I understand that culturally it must be thought of as a good thing, but all it does is make me feel like a captive animal in a zoo. Good thing I didn't start scratching my bum and throwing feces.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Lora,

Sounds like a wonderful trip! I'd love to see you when you return.....