Thursday, November 10, 2005

I just dove in. Have been thinking for a long time about joining the blog nation, finally did it...well, am doing it. Not much to look at so far but at least I'm getting wet. I've been waiting until I found just the perfect name for my blog, something clever to encapsulate the essence of who I am, and who I want to be. So the last several months have been devoted to that search, with phrases jotted on scraps of paper throughout the house....Did you notice the title I settled on? Yeah, that's exactly how clever I am. The sad--ironic?--thing is that it does indeed capture the essence of who I am, and want to be...haven't figured that out either.

I considered the title "Self Portrait" since, let's face it, this will be all about me, but then had doubts.......asked myself "isn't that a bit, you know, self-centered sounding?" Wouldn't want to look conceited now, would we?

Turns out this search for a perfect title runs in my family (along with other less endearing traits, but we'll save that for another day...or not). My quirky Grandma, shall we call her "Joyce"?, has for years been threatening to write a book. 200 possible titles are on record, but chapter one remains to be written. So see?--I'm breaking the chains of writer's indecision, and moving ahead though undecided.

Speaking of random, two election day results on the yahoo web page yesterday went something like this:
"San Francisco votes to ban all handguns"
"Texas votes to ban gay marriage"
Hhmmm....
How 'bout if we all just agree to ban torture?? Could we at least agree on that? Cuz really, who would Jesus torture?---gay people? gun owners? Iraqi's? politicians?

"Oh" you are saying, "this is going to be one of those raving political god-blogs, isn't it??"
Well, yes...and NO....Raving, perhaps, but really just mostly what I'm thinking about. And sometimes I'm thinking about politics, and sometimes I'm thinking about god-stuff, but mostly i'm just thinking about me...which could actually be the problem, come to think of it.

2 comments:

Ryan Lee Sharp said...

Sweet. You've finally arrived, sista friend.

Holly Sharp said...

congrats on the new address my friend...and you're actually writing here which is more than I ever do. I will visit often and laugh loudly at your humor which is one of my favorite things about you.

I love ya.