Monday, November 21, 2005

Martha I'm Not

Thanksgiving week and I'm starting to get nervous. It's that holiday centered all around cooking. Probably supposed to be centered around being thankful, but how can one be thankful when one has to do all that cooking?? As Thursday draws closer, I'm realizing why we usually make that 800 mile trip over the hills and through the woods to Grandmother's house (she loves to cook, I don't).

The ridiculousness of what I've planned for the meal Thursday struck me today as I was describing it to a friend. I've ordered a free-range organic turkey, and am adding to that store-bought mashed potatoes, store-bought gravy, store-bought cranberry sauce, store-bought rolls, canned corn, salad mix, and store-bought pie. Good thing there aren't any chemicals or preservatives in that turkey!

I'm so very thankful for Costco.

1 comment:

Holly Sharp said...

so how was the turkey?