Tuesday, April 18, 2006

I Hate That I Love It

I also don’t like confessing it. But my significant other keeps reminding us of the need for transparency, so I suppose I should open the blinds: I love TV.
I do.
I know I’m not supposed to.
I know that all the cool people hate it, or at least are indifferent.
I know it’s mind-numbing and mostly dumb…yet that seems to be exactly why I indulge.
It relaxes me.

Don’t get me wrong…I don’t love all of it! You won’t catch me watching the Hallmark channel, humor-less sit coms, or those silly soaps. Nope, I’m all about reality, like Court TV, Larry King, The Daily Show, Judge Judy---now there’s some quality programming! Nothing like a good lawsuit between a woman and her son’s baby’s mama over return of bail money to help one wind down after a hectic day.

Who needs soap operas?—or wine? Give me a half hour dose of white trash wranglin’ over fifty bucks and I’m good to go.

3 comments:

Mike Stavlund said...

My advice: keep watching until you purge yourself of expressions like 'my significant other' in favor of 'baby daddy'.

theresa said...

those comments are hilarious.

dude, i seriously know what you are talking about.

i have worked in entertainment for years and then to enter into a group of people who don't own a television because they are too intelligent or whatever.

WHATEVER.

i like to have a pulse on pop culture. i like to be current. i like to know what's going on.

American Idol is my guilty pleasure.

theresa said...

i concur. i have worked in entertainment for years. and then i ran into a group of people who were too cool for television. WHATEVER.

my guilty pleasure is American Idol.