Monday, December 05, 2005

Meet the Parents

Last night we had the much-anticipated meeting of Jeremy. He seems like a really nice young man, and cute as can be. Oh, right, you don't know Jeremy either!--silly me. He is the 24 year old, this close to being divorced, Air Force veteran who shares a mutual attraction with my daughter. My 18 year old, just fresh from high school, lives under my roof, mess with her and I'll kill you, no really I mean it, daughter. No, really. Because I may not be able to whip up a gourmet feast for fifty of my most intimate friends like Martha (and her staff of hundreds), but I'm bettin' I can do time better than her, and a lot more of it. Which I spelled out to Jeremy...nice to meet you, I don't mind going to jail, would you like some more corn?

1 comment:

Mike Stavlund said...

Dearest Lora,

This is one of the very funniest things I've ever seen.

The wife and I keep coming here to read it to each other, and both laugh out loud each time.

Thanks for brightening our lives, and good luck with *this guy*. Give him a steely-eyed stare for me.