Wednesday, April 11, 2007

THE SKIES WERE NEVER FRIENDLIER

Craig had the brilliant idea of upgrading our tix from SFO to Heathrow into business class, using frequent flier miles. Did I mention BRILLIANT? We were upstairs in the plane, wide, comfy seats arranged in pairs with reclinging ability and rising footrests like a proper La-z-boy. Shortly after we took off, we were offered complimentary juice, champagne, or sparkling water served in glass tumblers and with actual lemon wedges. I felt as if I was spending 10 or so hours in a lovely restaurant where I was able to nap or watch films in between lovely meals served with linen napkins and chilled silverware! I felt SO spoiled, SO happy, SO afraid of returning to my real life in economy class. Ah well, I'll soldier on around the EU in coach, reminding myself how VERY privileged I am, lemon & linen or no.

No comments: